Monday, June 11, 2012

Ice Cream Dessert

recipe from my mom


I have 2 versions of this recipe; the proper way, and my way!

The proper version is from my mom:
2 cups crushed graham crackers, about 12-13 crackers
4 Tbsp peanut butter
6 full crunch bars, crushed
mix together with a fork

layer 2/3 of mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 Tupperware dish
layer a 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream
(open the whole container so the whole block of ice cream is exposed, cut thick slices with a large knife and lay into 9x13 dish.)
top with the remaining mixture and put into freezer

My version:
there are 3 packs of graham crackers in a box, crush up 1 pack
3-4 heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter
A full bag of the snack size crunch bars, crushed 
(I can never find the large crunch bars)
mix together with a fork

I serve it as a topping over individual scoops of ice cream. 
Even better if you let the ice cream melt just a touch and mix it up like a flurry.




No comments:

Post a Comment